The Sixth of October City Regional Labor Market Observatory (RLMO) and the GIZ Employment Promotion Project (EPP) will held the Second Sectoral Conference in Sixth of October City, Hilton Dreamland Hotel on the 18th of October under the topical theme: Labor Market Information for the Textile and Chemical Industries, Active Labor Market Programs (ALMPs) and Policy Recommendations.
The main objective of the sectoral conference is to present the findings of the labor market analysis of the Regional Labor Market Observatory in Sixth of October City on the Textile and Chemical Industries Sectors in addition to the identified ALMPs and Policy Recommendations. The Sixth of October City RLMO labor market analysis will be officially launched and distributed during the event.
The labor market analysis has identified the following active labor market programs to promote employment and address sector specific challenges in Sixth of October:
- Increasing enterprise efficiency and profitability through better workplace organization in the two sectors
- Filling vacancies through upgrading services of the Employment Center of the Six of October Investors Association
- Introducing the plastic manufacturing technician specialization in the dual system in Sixth of October
The labor market analysis has identified the following policy recommendations:
- Improving the inter-linkages between the Ministry of Manpower Public Employment Offices to enhance their matching services
- Upgrading the Dual System program in Ready Made Garment to enhance career prospects of for the graduates
You are cordially invited to actively participate in this event and the discussion of the above-mentioned ALMPs and Policy Recommendations.
Under the patronage of Dr. Ahmed Elgiushey, Deputy Minister of Education and Technical Education, the conference is organized by the Sixth of October City Investors Association and the Steering Committee of the RLMO in Sixth of October in cooperation with the Ministry of Education and Technical Education and EPP.
Kindly confirm attendance for yourself and/or your representatives by e-mail to atef.malak [at] giz.de and/or laura.schmid [at] giz.de or by Fax: (02)25895564 ext. 103. by the 13th of October, 2016.